Friday, December 23, 2011

So I haven't had much time to post anything new on here because I'm trying to get all my handmade crafts completed before Christmas.  Father Time is not being very nice.  I can't believe how fast this month has went.  I am on my way to my BFF's Ugly Sweater Party and wanted to post two things I made for tonight!  The first one is a Peanut Butter "Cheese Ball"  I found on Pinterest!  What an amazing looking treat!  Very fun to make as well! 






Peanut Butter "Cheese Ball"
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature 1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
Graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, and/or apple slices for dipping

Directions:
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until blended.

Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly forming into a ball shape.

Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape. Place peanut butter and chocolate chips in flat dish. Remove plastic wrap from ball and roll ball into morsels to completely cover, pressing morsels into the ball if necessary.

Place ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.) Serve with graham cracker sticks, teddy grahams, or apple slices for dipping or spreading

So on with my second craft for today, my ugly sweater!  My friend tried to help and found something for me to wear that was cheap and ugly.  Well it didn't fit so I thought of my crafty skills and made a shirt instead! I had some left over green fabric from my head bows so I thought, huh, a christmas tree would be great!  I also added a kids craft penguin after the picture was taken to add to the decorations!  This was so simple and I didn't even measure just started cutting!  No SEWING required!  All done with my favorite tool, my glue gun!!! 



Merry Christmas!!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment