Monday, September 17, 2012



I am so excited that Halloween is almost here!  I am however a little behind on the costumes for the kids.  But I'm sure I'll get them soon enough!  I love Halloween!  You get to see so many creative ideas and eat yummy recipes!  Halloween is a time for the kids to use their imaginations and become someone that they dream to be! 

I have started using my imagination in decorating!  I have made a banner for the occasion and some Halloween Cards too!  I think every wall in the house will have handmade decoration by the time I'm done!  I love my cricut and I love my Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge!  It is a wonderful tool in decorating just about anything!

This banner was made from the Close To My Heart Moonlight Paper Packet.  I used a total of 4 black cardstock paper and each banner measure 6' on the cricut cartridge.  It is the right size for my mantel and just big enough to see each letter! 


I added the glitter gel to each letter to add some sparkle to them! I added black tulle and threaded it through each hole that is amazingly cut out for you on the cricut!  So handy to have when a hole punch isn't available!  Makes life so easy!  I hold onto almost everything because you never know when you may need to use it for something else.  When Kayla decided to sale her old Ballet Costume I had to keep it!  The tulle alone was worth hoarding!  I cut that sucker up and used the bottom portion of the tutu as the string to hold my banner!  It even had a plastic cord in it which made the banner stiff!  Love it! 



Such a beautiful Ballerina!

Thanks for stopping by!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment